Navy Veteran’s Specialized Bike Stolen Out of His Elk Grove Garage -

Navy Veteran’s Specialized Bike Stolen Out of His Elk Grove Garage

Credit: fox40.com

• Aug 12 2017 07:04About: 4 months ago
  • 4 views

ELK GROVE -- An outpouring of support has been growing for a local Navy veteran over, of all things, a stolen bike.

Jordan Stevenson isn't shy about being shot in the line of duty, in fact he's not shy about a lot of things.

So, when he posted on Facebook that his specialized bike was stolen from his garage Thursday people couldn't help but spread the word.

Early Thursday morning, the first day of school for Stevenson's 7-year-old son, someone had gone into their garage and stolen the veteran's one-of-a-kind bike, which had been specialized to his needs.

"Had the guy set it up for me completely custom with electronic gears, so I didn't have to shift any gears or let go with my hand," Stevenson said. "So it was all electronic, gears, brakes, everything, so I could operate it with my left hand because I can't use my right arm."

Stevenson lost the use of the entire right side of his body back in 2011 when he was in Afghanistan serving with a special forces group.

"Eight days into my deployment to Afghanistan, operating at night, which is what we typically did, I got into a gun fight and got shot in the head," Stevenson said. "I got shot in the front of my helmet."

Jordan spent the next month in a coma, fighting for his life. When he came to his doctors explained the extent of his injury.

"It completely shattered the left hemisphere of my skull," Stevenson said.

Over the next several years he made huge strides in his recovery, even throwing out the first pitch on Memorial Day in 2014 at the Giants game in San Francisco.

"Probably one of the coolest things I've ever done," he said. "The entire AT&T Park cheering as I throw out the first pitch."

But in 2016 his right leg was giving him lots of problems so Jordan made the tough choice to have his leg amputated.

"It was a hard choice, but I'm at a place where I am happy I did it, and I'm thankful it went well and I get around now," Stevenson said.

That quality of life included cycling, an activity he picked up during his rehabilitation. But now that too, for the time being, has been taken from him.

"They took advantage of what they saw and took that from me," Stevenson said. "So, I feel very violated in that they had to have known they were taking something special from somebody and felt comfortable enough to take it out of my garage."

Stevenson estimates the cost of the specialized bike to be between $8,000 and $9,000.

If you have any information you are asked to contact Elk Grove police.

Visit Ranger Road's site to donate and help Stevenson get a new bike.

GROVE outpouring support been growing local Navy veteran over things stolen bike. Jordan Stevenson isn’t about being shot line duty fact he’s things. when posted Facebook that specialized bike from garage Thursday people couldn’t help spread word. Early morning first school Stevenson’s 7-year-old son someone […]

Related stories with Navy Veteran’s Specialized Bike Stolen Out of His Elk Grove Garage

Hundreds Celebrate Sacramento’s New Chief of Police -World News
Hundreds Celebrate Sacramento’s New Chief of Police 4 months ago
SACRAMENTO — Hundreds turned out at two different events to celebrate new Sacramento Police Chief Daniel Hahn. Hahn was sworn in during a ceremony at his alma mater, Sacramento State University, followed by a community party at McClatchy Park in the
Watch More Clips of Frank Ocean Performing With Orchestra -World News
Watch More Clips of Frank Ocean Performing With Orchestra 4 months ago
Frank Ocean performed at the Way Out West Festival in Gothenburg, Sweden on Thursday. In his set, Ocean performed "Good Guy," "Nikes," "Ivy," "Forrest Gump," Jackson 5's "Never Can Say Goodbye" and more. Although he did not bring out Brad Pitt this time,
Everyone thinks of the great events out our life history -World News
Everyone thinks of the great events out our life history 4 months ago
  Everyone thinks of the great events out our life history   We all have a past or whether it was good or bad. Each
Kenyatta declared winner of disputed Kenya presidential vote -World News
Kenyatta declared winner of disputed Kenya presidential vote 4 months ago
President Uhuru Kenyatta has been declared the winner of Kenya's hard-fought presidential election, but opposition candidate Raila Odinga alleged the voting was rigged.
Storms disrupt Beijing flights, authorities warn of flash flooding, landslides -World News
Storms disrupt Beijing flights, authorities warn of flash flooding, landslides 4 months ago
BEIJING: Thunderstorms lashed Beijing on Saturday, disrupting hundreds of flights at one of the world's largest airports, while authorities warned that rain and wind could cause landslides in the area where a 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck this week. Be
If You Need A Quick Time-Out, Do It In Thailand -World News
If You Need A Quick Time-Out, Do It In Thailand 4 months ago
Four days is all you need.
Facebook Authorises Chinese Firm's Launch of Moments-Like App: Report -World News
Facebook Authorises Chinese Firm's Launch of Moments-Like App: Report 4 months ago
It was unclear if China's various Internet regulators were aware of the app's existence, the Times said.
This Is How Fashion Girls Are Wearing Army Jackets -World News
This Is How Fashion Girls Are Wearing Army Jackets 4 months ago
For when summer cools down.
14 Pairs of Chic Flats You Can Wear to Work -World News
14 Pairs of Chic Flats You Can Wear to Work 4 months ago
Permission to take a high-heel hiatus.