Pregnant ex-addict Danniella Westbrook puffs on cigarette before hinting she's expecting twins -

Credit: mirror.co.uk

• About: 8 days ago
  • 0 views

Pregnant Danniella Westbrook was pictured smoking at a hotel bar recently, despite medical advice that states smoke can harm babies in the womb.

The ex-EastEnders star was spotted by an onlooker at the bar in Benidorm with a lit cigarette in her mouth as she sat chatting to toyboy fiance Alan Thomason and a couple of pals.

The eyewitness said Danniella was openly smoking, despite announcing last month that she was expecting her third child - her first with Alan.

Danniella, now 43, had reportedly sworn off fags, drugs and booze and was ready to focus on her baby, according to sources close to her.

Danniella holds up a lit cigarette as she sits with fiance Alan
The 43-year-old star hasn't managed to kick the habit, despite being pregnant

But these pictures show Danniella couldn't quite kick the habit, despite overwhelming medical advice proving cigarette smoke can lead to increased risk of a smaller birth weight, premature birth and even stillbirth.

Just days after these photographs were taken, Danniella was on ITV's Lorraine show talking about how she never wanted to touch drugs again.

"I'm very grateful for what I've got in my life right now," she told Lorraine Kelly.

"To have a life considering what I put myself through is a blessing. I am an addict, mine is unfortunately drugs."

An onlooker said Danniella was openly smoking inside the hotel bar
Medical experts say smoking is dangerous in pregnant women as it can raise the risk of stillbirth

She went on: "I can, as a drug addict, never say never, but I know there's a lot more to life than picking up that rubbish. I've got my mum back in my life and my sister in law. I've got a few good friends who I'm close to so I'm very lucky.

"I'm sick to death of relapsing and people are sick to death of hearing it as well," she added.

Danniella struggled with substance abuse throughout her first two pregnancies with son Kai, now 20, and 16-year-old Jodie.

The bipolar star had a 20-year cocaine habit that cost her £400 a day at its worst point - but she couldn't give it up while she was pregnant.

Danniella puffs away while Alan, dressed in a white t-shirt, jokes with their friend
She bends over her phone as though to kiss the screen at one point

Danniella described how she was still snorting the class A drug in the labour room, asking the doctors to leave so she could do a line.

She later appeared on The Jeremy Kyle Show in 2012 to open up about the desperation she felt throughout her pregnancy, and how she was snorting five grams of cocaine a day while expecting.

"I did take drugs right up until I delivered him in the bathroom of the suite," she confessed to the ITV chat show host.

"I did a line of coke during labour. I was in a terrible state. No one could help me. But I knew I wanted that child - I didn't have anyone else in my life."

She also revealed that her bump was so big at five weeks that she could be expecting twins.

A representative for Danniella declined to comment when approached by Mirror Online.

Related stories with Pregnant ex-addict Danniella Westbrook puffs on cigarette before hinting she's expecting twins

Here's An Exclusive Look at FAITH CONNEXION's NYC Flagship Store -World News
Here's An Exclusive Look at FAITH CONNEXION's NYC Flagship Store 8 days ago
After announcing the opening of its first ever global flagship store, Parisian label FAITH CONNEXION reveals the complete layout of the space's interior. Located in the heart of New York City's Soho district, the store takes design cues from 19th century
adidas' Upcoming EQT Support 93/17 Is Big on Fall-Ready Comfort -World News
adidas' Upcoming EQT Support 93/17 Is Big on Fall-Ready Comfort 8 days ago
adidas’s latest edition of the EQT Support 93/17 comes in a cargo khaki/light beige colorway. The shoe was originally introduced late December 2016 and managed to add BOOST technology to the classic shape, as well as a breathable mesh upper and capping
Jamie xx Releases a Pulsating Remix of The xx's
Jamie xx Releases a Pulsating Remix of The xx's "On Hold" 8 days ago
Jamie xx has shared his take of The xx's lead single "On Hold" on Annie Mac’s BBC Radio 1 show. The track originally comes from the group's I See You album from late last year. Jamie has been touring with his bandmates promoting their third album relea
Banksy's New Anti-Weapons Artwork Will Auction for Only $13 USD -World News
Banksy's New Anti-Weapons Artwork Will Auction for Only $13 USD 8 days ago
After having recently opened up an official gift shop for his Walled Off Hotel, Banksy returns with a new artwork titled Civilian Drone Strike. The piece is a framed illustration of a girl and her dog watching a house explode. Additionally, cut-outs of th
Nas, Foot Locker and Timberland Link Up for Fall 2017 Legends Collection -World News
Nas, Foot Locker and Timberland Link Up for Fall 2017 Legends Collection 8 days ago
New York hip-hop legend Nas continues his recent fashion headline dominance -- following up wearing the KITH x Coca-Cola collection and being featured on the Supreme "Nasty Nas" tee -- with a collaboration alongside Foot Locker and Timberland. The Fall 20
Netflix's 'The Punisher' Is Seen in Action With New Teaser Photos -World News
Netflix's 'The Punisher' Is Seen in Action With New Teaser Photos 8 days ago
The upcoming Netflix spin-off The Punisher starring Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle will be making its debut sometime this year, and the streaming service has provided us our first look of the series. The synopsis of the Marvel show reads: "After exacting
Why BuzzFeed Is Doubling-Down On Data Driven Creativity -World News
Why BuzzFeed Is Doubling-Down On Data Driven Creativity 8 days ago
Executive Creative Director of BuzzFeed International on some of the ways that BuzzFeed thinks about creativity. The post Why BuzzFeed Is Doubling-Down On Data Driven Creativity appeared first on Social Media Week.
Always living for positive improvements with ambition -World News
Always living for positive improvements with ambition 8 days ago
  Always living for positive improvements with ambition   If improvements without ambition are not available, we will be
Favorable definite answer motivates and combines anybody with satisfaction -World News
Favorable definite answer motivates and combines anybody with satisfaction 8 days ago
Favorable definite answer motivates and combines anybody with satisfaction   Our life seems occasionally so
New For Honor Trailer Reveals Season 3's Tribute Mode -World News
New For Honor Trailer Reveals Season 3's Tribute Mode 8 days ago
For Honor's third season starts in just a couple of days, adding a few new characters as well as a new mode. What's the mode? Why, it's called Tribute. How does it work? Check out a new trailer to see all the details on this twist on capture
LOOK: Florida to wear helmet decal to honor those impacted by Hurricane Irma -World News
LOOK: Florida to wear helmet decal to honor those impacted by Hurricane Irma 8 days ago
Millions in the state of have been affected by the devastation caused by Hurricane Irma. And when the Florida Gators take the field on Saturday, they will do their best to honor them with a special decal. The school tweeted the special helmet decal, which
Peyton Manning, Dak Prescott star in hilarious new DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket ad -World News
Peyton Manning, Dak Prescott star in hilarious new DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket ad 8 days ago
Ever wonder what Peyton Manning is up to now that he’s retired? Other than starring in new commercials and hosting the ESPYS? Now that football season is back, Manning certainly has to be doing something to crave that itch for the gridiron, right? W