2017 NFL mock draft: Projecting the first two rounds of the 2017 NFL Draft (04/21/2017)
The 2017 NFL Draft is officially less than week away. So there isn’t a better look at a mock draft and see who is headed where in this edition of a 2017 NFL mock draft.
The 2017 NFL Draft begins April 27 in Philadelphia and concludes April 29. A number of teams will be looking to land the next superstar, whether that be Texas A&M’s Myles Garrett or LSU’s Jamal Adams. Both SEC standouts, along with Stanford’s Solomon Thomas, are considered locks to be top-10 NFL draft picks.
Here is the latest 2017 NFL mock draft from SEC Country.
2017 NFL mock draft first round
Who are the top picks in the 2017 NFL Draft
1. Cleveland Browns- Myles Garrett, Texas A&M DE
2. San Francisco 49ers—Solomon Thomas, Stanford DE
3. Chicago Bears—Jamal Adams, LSU S
4. Jacksonville Jaguars—Leonard Fournette, LSU RB
5. Tennessee Titans—Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State CB
6. New York Jets—Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina QB
Analysis: Little surprise at the top with Myles Garrett. The big wild card here is the Jets at 6, given that they have so many needs. But they have a chance to grab a quarterback who could be a star in Trubisky. It’s also fine if he has some growing pains in his first year, as the Jets don’t look to be a Super Bowl contender in 2017.
7. San Diego Chargers—Malik Hooker, Ohio State S
8. Carolina Panthers—Quincy Wilson, Florida CB
9. Cincinnati Bengals—Reuben Foster, Alabama LB
10. Buffalo Bills—O.J. Howard, Alabama TE
11. New Orleans Saints—Jonathan Allen, Alabama DL
12. Cleveland Browns—Deshaun Watson, Clemson QB
13. Arizona Cardinals—Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech QB
Analysis: Jonathan Allen falls a bit but the Saints get an absolute steal at pick No. 11. He also caps a run of three straight Alabama players. Then we see a mini run on quarterbacks with Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes going back-to-back to the Browns and Cardinals.
14. Philadelphia Eagles—Christian McCaffrey, Stanford RB
15. Indianapolis Colts—Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky OG
16. Baltimore Ravens—Corey Davis, Western Michigan WR
17. Washington Redskins—John Ross, Washington WR
18. Tennessee Titans—Corey Davis, Western Michigan WR
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers—Dalvin Cook, RB Florida State
20. Denver Broncos—Garett Bolles, Utah OT
Analysis:Here come the skill players. Of the 7 teams in this range, 5 go with skill players. And the other 2 go with offensive lineman.
21. Detroit Lions—Derek Barnett, Tennessee DE
22. Miami Dolphins—Jabrill Peppers, Michigan S
23. New York Giants—Takkarist McKinley, UCLA S
24. Oakland Raiders—Marlon Humphrey, Alabama CB
25. Houston Texans—Deshone Kizer, Notre Dame QB
26. Seattle Seahawks—Cam Robinson, Alabama OT
27. Kansas City Chiefs—Haason Reddick, Temple S
Analysis: These are names most college football fans will know, specifically Barnett, Peppers, Robinson and Kizer. But the most talented player might be Reddick, who has shot up draft boards in the NFL Draft process.
28. Dallas Cowboys—Tre’davious White, LSU CB
29. Green Bay Packers—Gaeron Conley, Ohio State CB
30. Pittsburgh Steelers—Jarrad Davis, Florida LB
31. Atlanta Falcons—Charles Harris, Missouri DE
32. New Orleans Saints—Kevin King, Washington CB
Analysis: This draft has a ton of talented corner backs, and you see that here at the end of the first round. In this mock draft, 6 corner backs are taken in the first round.
2017 NFL mock draft second round
Who are the best second rounders in the 2017 NFL Draft?
33. Cleveland Browns—David Njoku, Miami TE
34. San Francisco 49ers—Budda Baker, Washington S
35. Jacksonville Jaguars—Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin OT
36. Chicago Bears—Adoree’ Jackson, USC CB
37. Los Angeles Rams—Zay Jones, East Carolina WR
38. Los Angeles Chargers—Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt LB
39. New York Jets—Obi Melinfowu, UConn S
40. Carolina Panthers—Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Analysis: A handle of these guys, such as Njoku and Baker could easily go in the first round but fall only becasue of position. SEC fans will recognize Cunningham, who was one of the best linebackers in the country for Vanderbilt.
41. Cincinnati Bengals—JuJu Smith-Schuster, USC WR
42. New Orleans Saints—Teez Tabor, Florida CB
43. Philadelphia Eagles—Sidney Jones, Washington CB
44. Buffalo Bills—Caleb Brantley, Florida DT
45. Arizona Cardinals—Evan Engram, Ole Miss TE
46. Baltimore Ravens—T.J. Watt, Wisconsin OLB
47. Indianapolis Colts—Malik McDowell, Michigan State DL
Analysis: A pair of Florida teammates should come off the board by the middle of the fourth round. At this point in the NFL Draft, the Gators are tied with Alabama for most SEC players taken.
48. Minnesota Vikings—Dion Dawkins, Temple OL
49. Washington Redskins—Chris Godwin, Penn State WR
50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers—Chris Wormley, Michigan DE
51. Denver Broncos—Dan Feeney, Indiana OG
52. Cleveland Browns—Pat Elflein, Ohio State C
53. Detroit Lions—Chidobe Awuzie, Colorado CB
54. Miami Dolphins—Jordan Willis, Kansas State DE
Analysis: The Vikings make their first pick of the NFL draft, while Washington adds another wide receiver in Penn State stand out Chris Godwin.
55. New York Giants—Tyus Bowser, Houston LB
56. Oakland Raiders—Alvin Kamara, Tennessee RB
57. Houston Texans—Taylor Morton, Western Michigan OL
58. Seattle Seahawks—Montravious Adams, Auburn DL
59. Kansas City Chiefs—Joe Mixon, Oklahoma RB
60. Dallas Cowboys—Adam Shaheen, Ashland(Ohio) TE
Analysis: Where Mixon goes will be one of the most fascinating sub-plots of the NFL draft given background. While some see him going in the first round, this mock draft sees him being selected at the end of the second round.
61. Green Bay Packers—Justin Evans, Texas A&M S
62. Pittsburgh Steelers—Marcus Williams, Utah S
63. Atlanta Falcons—Ethan Pocic, LSU C
64.Carolina Panthers—Desmond King, Iowa DB
2017 NFL mock draft
The post 2017 NFL mock draft: Projecting the first two rounds of the 2017 NFL Draft (04/21/2017) appeared first on SEC Country.